Sunday, February 21, 2010

A bug in my face

Okay, so the last thing i did last night was export the track and race around a bit in rFactor, getting screenshots. This morning, when i fired up the track builder, a poll at the end of each section of fence i put in last night got turned into a light poll. It's weird as hell and i swear i didn't do a thing to it.

My guess is that it's a bug in the new SObjects (string objects) function in the track builder and some model IDs got mixed up, but who knows. All i know is, i'm going to abandon the SObject fences i've been using thus far and just use walls with textures for my fences. Frickin gremlins in the machine.


  1. I fixed this by selecting each... piece... individually... and then deleting the "Light Object" off the end of it. I shut down the program, re-opened it - everything seems to be fine now. But i'm paranoid.

  2. Glad to hear you fix the problem Sub. I almost wish you didn't start this blog, watching your progress is torture!! :)

  3. Hahaha - progress does kind of creep along glacially. You'll be happy to know, i should have the bridge built and the stretch of track between there and town mostly detailed out by the end of the night. I'm hoping to be finished up to the turn around by the end of the week.